Hey, I think I'd like some feed back on this post so please add a comment. I'm in a dilemma as a Christian here. It's all about Halloween.
I've been struggling through this for a few weeks and now on the day I must say that I felt sad that I chose to miss out on the fun of wearing a costume to work today. It looked like so much fun and all the costumes were so creative and just plain funny.
I guess the way I was looking at it was this... Halloween has some not so nice origins and why would we as Christians want anything to do with something that celebrates exactly what we DONT stand for. Death, witches, ghosts, all of that may just be cute little kids dressed up but we know that it actually does mean so much more than even they know.
However, does that mean that we need to boycott the whole thing? Is this like the "eating food sacrificed to idols thing"? or is this a little different? My office today seemed pretty harmless but again... If I dress up then I'm just like everyone else who doesn't think twice about Halloween right?
That is my little rant for now, please let me know your thoughts, I'm just curious to see where other people I know stand.
Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment