Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Job Hunt Begins

Ok, so after a week and a half in Chilliwack, and not much unpacking ready to be done, I'm getting a little stir crazy. :) So I think it may be time to get a job. John's loving his job (every minute of it) and I would love to think that both of us could be that blessed so... I'm hunting. The problem is that I REALLY don't know what I want. I know that I don't want to head back into insurance, and well of course MacDonald's is out of the picture, I decided that Starbucks just wasn't my style, and well what does that leave? I'm thinking about looking into temping if they have an agency in town, but I haven't seen one advertised anywhere yet. Maybe I'll take some clases at the University College of the Fraser Valley??? But what would I take??? So many decisions. I just don't know. I'm still interested in something photography but I'm a chicken and don't really know how to start into that. I've tracked down a few photographers in the area but I couldn't quite pull myself to email them just yet. We'll see. Maybe I'll take a photography class first.

Anyways, that's whats new with us today :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the job hunt. I think you are a great photographer. Just make a portfolio of pictures you like and go meet some photographers. I'd suggest finding their shops if their are any big ones or going to a grad or bridal show and just casually chatting as if you want them to take your picture and then go from there. How's the shed coming?
As of today we have two bathrooms with one toilet and one sink no water in the house and views of the basement floor in both bathrooms!! Steve's bro Joe was helping last night and she said who made the hole in the bathroom and I said Uncle Steve and she said, "Why did he do that?" She was quite upset with him. I explained sometimes things get worse before they get better. Hopefully the better part will be true for you as well. My living room however has its first beautiful shade of brown on the accent wall. Phone me!! or give me your number. lots of love, Anna ( & Stephen)