Wednesday, August 13, 2008

32 Weeks and Counting

It's official. I am 32 weeks pregnant and the countdown is on. The pregnancy is still going extremely well and I consider it a HUGE blessing that it has gone as well as it has so far. My biggest complaint would have to be that I've had heartburn consistently, but that's pretty minor I think in the whole scheme of things.

John and I are home again now having finished our time house sitting. We really enjoyed life on the farm and free eggs and that sort of thing but it's super nice to be home as well. While house sitting we had the blessing of several guests including John's brother and wife (Pete and Mel), John's parents, my dear friend Heather, and my cousin/sister-in-heart Corissa.

We also had the chance to spend 4 days in Oregon with John's family as our summer family vacation/reunion. We rented a house on the beach in Beverly Beach, OR and enjoyed everything from crab fishing to kite flying to shopping.
We had lots of fun and already are making plans for next summer's grand Gall adventure.

Other than that we are well and are in prep mode for baby and just regular life with work and friends and family. Just yesterday I sorted through the baby stuff that I already have and put it into piles by age so that I had out only that which would work for a newborn. All the adorable 12-18 month outfits can be put away for now I think! :) I also re-arranged our bedroom to see how the cradle would fit for the first little while when the baby room is occupied by parents and other visiting relatives. I think I've got a working model but we still need a dresser/change table so we'll see how that's going to fit in our already crowded bedroom. It's been raining here for the last 2 days and that's a welcome relief for me as the 30 degree weather was a little trying. I spent as much time as possible at the lake with friends and took cold showers as necessary (which was often). Don't get me wrong I love summer but a little rain now and again is nice :).

In other news we've been enjoying the produce of our garden lately. My lettuce finally made an appearance and my carrots are SO nice and sweet. Now we are waiting on the corn, which should be ready soon, and the ONE bell pepper that showed up. I think there may be more coming but I'm not sure. Oh and I can't forget the broccoli. My strawberries seemed more concerned with populating my entire garden with little strawberry runners than producing fruit but we have enjoyed all of 3 ripe strawberries this season.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's about time you update your blog!! I'm glad to hear that it's raining there - as it is here too!!!! Other than that I just wanted to say that I miss you and had a WONDERFUL time visiting with you both!!!! Love you!!!!!

Danielle said...

We'll be in Canada 6 weeks from Saturday (Oct 11th) and will be there until the 24th. I can't wait to see you and this baby! (whether the baby will be in or out of your tummy remains to be seen :) Maybe you'll have the baby while I'm there and I can visit you in the hospital :)
You're looking great and so are your sunflowers!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. I am preping for another school year. Love ya.