Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We have lift off...

Once again it's been a while since I've posted but this time I have good reason!! I am officially chasing after my mobile (aka crawling) 7 1/2 month old. Now by crawling I mean inching along on his belly by pushing with his toes and pulling with his arms. He's really getting quite good at it. Meanwhile he's been desperately practicing "real" crawling but he gets confused when it comes to the knees part. He gets up on hands and knees and then instead of moving his arms and legs he gets right up onto his feet. Picture him with his bum in the air, hands and feet on the floor, and you can see my confused little boy. He quite often holds himself in that position for quite a while. It's pretty funny. If I catch it on film I'll post it :) With his new found ability to move we've been scrambling to actually baby proof our house. I still have a few BIG 'no nos' around that I know I need to get too but slowly we are figuring out how this works... until we have to move things up a little higher... and then higher... oh dear... Also lately, with a little help getting up he can stand while holding onto something like his crib side or the coffee table. He get's so proud of himself while standing there. I have to be careful with that one because when he decides he's done he just let's go and falls straight back. Also recent news is that Raglan has his first cold. Poor baby, it's sad watching him get frustrated because he can't breath through his nose. This next picture I had to post because I think it's funny. Raglan's been able to hold his own bottle for a while now but he's just now really learning to feed himself, in the process he's discovering that if you squish the nipple, it squirts... oops... Mid May I was able to go home to Grande Prairie for a friends wedding, and when I got back we decided we would move Raglan into his own room. Well after much figuring, we finally have an arrangement for our nursery and I love it! This weekend will be Raglan's first trip to the island, we are headed to Qwanoes for the open house. I'm not sure how a whole day out will work with naps and all but we'll see. We are going with friends from here in Chilliwack and our whole group will be 6 adults and 4 babies under 9 months. That should be exciting. :)

That said, I think naptime is almost over and I have a few more things to get done...

2 comments:

PeteMel said...

The first pic of Raglan has got to be the cutest thing ever!!! And the nursery is beautiful! Good shot! Enjoy running after your little guy :)

Anonymous said...

He looks so big maybe he'll skip real crawling and just start walking, steve has a cuz that walked at 6 months poor mother, he ran acrross their roof once. Have fun with mobility:-) Anna