Sunday, July 02, 2006

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!

Summer that is...

360 or so campers arrived at Qwanoes yesterday! It was fun and exciting just like every first day of the summers are! I loved it! I am now however, exhausted and It's only the end of the 2nd day! God has answered many of the requests I've already given. This years staff team is great! It's been awesome to be a part of such a neat team. INTEGRITY is my word for the summer. This is my prayer for all those who are here! We bonded together really well and staff training was great! Marv Penner was the speaker and he once again, challenged us all in so many ways. This week the speaker is Storm Moore for those of you who know who he is. I laughed so hard tonight during Q-town (chaple) as he told a very funny story about his youth group and a game of sardines. Picture this, Storm is black. Sardines is played in the dark. Black people blend into the darkness but he was wearing a white shirt. So he took it off. Anyways to make the story short, by the end of the night he had one petrified student who "felt" Storm before he "saw" Storm and one parent phoning his house asking why he was naked in the church during youth group (naked being derived from the fact that he took his shirt off during the game). Anyways, I laughed hard. All the kids around me thought I was crazy but oh well.

I'm helping in tuck today and boy was I glad that I wasn't the tuck store manager today. Almost everything that could go wrong, did go wrong today. Mel the girl that is doing it, smiled and said, "I thought I'd get all the problems out of the way in one day, now I'm set for the rest of the summer!" I'm glad that she took it well, I would have been crying at that point. Let's not talk about that.

Well, please keep praying for us here! Again if any of you would like to be an official part of our prayer team, just send me an email as I'd love to add you to the list! I'm going to go to bed now and try to reclaim all the sleep that I need already!

-Andrea

No comments: