Well we are now in Alberta and have been spending a lot of our time at our parents places just trying to get everything in order it is now less than 20 days until we leave on our trip and we are getting very excited (minus the moments of pandemonia when we wonder what we are doing!!!) Things are falling into place but there are many things that we still have left to do! John and I both have managed to get odd jobs here and there to make some cash before we leave which is nice! I've really been enjoying hanging out with my long lost friends here! I even got to meet Peter's (my brother-in-law's) girlfriend which is also nice! Our trip home was good but long and we did experience some car trouble along the way. Alas we survived and now we have the for sale sticker on the window praying that someone will call! We enjoyed hanging out with Ben and Ash and Noah in Birch Bay just south of Vancouver, and John's parents in Seattle. From there we went east and drove up through Idaho into BC and through the Mountains into AB! All that took us two weeks.
One story from along the way... (the reason I put 'trains' in the title) We camped one night in Eastern Washington and by the time we got to a campsite it was dark. We picked our spot and set up our tent. The campsite was right by the interstate but I figured I could handle a little highway noise for one night. As we were setting up the tent a train sounded in the distance and I wondered how often the train went by over there. Moments later I was still wondering the same thing as that train in the distance barreled it's way between our little tent and the highway (about 100 feet from our tent). I thought well... the train probably doesn't go by that often... So at two in the morning (or maybe 3) when the train had proceeded to pass us every half hour... John and I both were frazzeled and I was having serious thoughts about what we had in our car that I could put on the tracks to make the train crash and stop the insanity. I didn't think of anything and about that time the trains stopped coming. After a few hours of sleep, we got up and left the cursed camp site.
Anyways enough adventures for now, we'll keep you up to date on our coming departure from Canada and into a whole new world (anyone singing?? 'A whole new world...')
Anyways,
Andrea
2 comments:
Yey! Ohhh sooo exciting!!!! Keep us up-to date! I gave a hollar out to you on my Blog as promised Andrea!
~Dotto~
Melissa,
Thanks for the note... I'm still waiting for that picture :)
Hey could you send me an email John and I would like to talk to you about buying some Helly stuff. I lost your email somewhere...
Andrea
Post a Comment