Did you get to have a Bithday cake?
John did get a birthday cake, I made him a very nice and moist Chocolate cake
which he enjoyed very much. (so did I)
Do they have dairy Queen icecream cakes in New Zealand? (25 candles would melt it pretty fast anyway!)
Chalk at least one negative point up for New Zealand... they do not have Dairy
Queen here and thus no Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cakes. Sad, Sad, Story...
Do they call BBQs Barbies in New Zealand or is that an Aussie expression?
They do call BBQs Barbies here from time to time but not always. I think it
is more common in Aussie land but you could here it hear from time to time
:)
Well there you have it again folks... On to new news...
Today John went sailing with a couple of the guys which I think he enjoyed very much. You'll have to ask him for more about that. I stayed home to read a good book, watch a movie and clean the oven! What a day! Well I did get most of my book read, the movie was good (The Queen, in theaters now here and very interesting), and the oven is free of its grime, with only one tiny casualty... my arm got in the way. As I was cleaning I reached inside to wipe off the back and bumped my arm against some of the chemicals. I went to the sink quickly to rinse it off and noticed I'd bumped in another place as well but when I rinsed that spot off, my skin washed away with the water... Its a tiny spot but I was considerably grossed out and felt a little sick for a bit. Now it just looks like a white spot on my tanned skin. OH well... I've handed out more resume's now and am waiting for a call again! We wont wait too much longer before we'll have to move on or get more desperate for work. I really don't relish the idea of working at McDonalds or something....
John also got the opportunity to go caving the other day (since I am so fond of caves I turned down the opportunity) which he also enjoyed! I guess they are pretty cool caves that you can just wander around in. Anyways thats about all for us. Sorry about the lack of pictures, we are again finding it hard to post pictures so you'll just have to wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment