Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Keeping Busy with NEW Adventures

Well, the time has finally come where John and I are busy once again! You'll never guess what we are up to :) We've decided to become farmers so John is training to be a wool presser with Ben and comes home smelling like a sheep. He's enjoying the work for the most part but does come home tired and leaves home very early (ie: 5:30 am) I on the other hand started today at Kathmandu, which is an outdoor gear store chain here in New Zealand. I will be trained in all aspects of the gear in order to sell it which is a little daunting but oh well, I'm sure I'll do alright. My job is only part time for the moment so in my spare time I've decided to volunteer at the riding for the disabled society. Yesterday was my first day of that and I actually really enjoyed it. I've never worked with disabled or handicapped people so it is an interesting challenge for me. I worked with the sweetest little girl named Taylar who was just amazing to watch her enjoy the horse and being in control of it. With my love for horses it's a perfect mix (although I did get bit once, and stepped on as well, so I'm not sure if I love these horses). Well, Today is February 14th here so happy Valentines Day to you! Know that ultimately you're loved by your creator and his valentine is in the palm of his hand. :)

Well that's all for now but thanks for your prayers in this area and we'll let you know how it all works out!

P.S. Corissa I got your card yesterday! Thanks, it made me laugh and blessed my heart!

1 comment:

Downey said...

Hey guys!
That is so awesome that you guys have found some fun, productive stuff to do! So as of yesterday I am the Head Boat Driver!! So exciting, and scary!! John do you happen to know what happend to that list of supplies and contacts we made? I think I still have a copy of your project which I need to find as well. Anyways I will talk to you guy soon!