Monday, May 21, 2007

Great Canadian Welcome

Well we are back in Canada now (have been for 2 full days) and let me tell you, we couldn't have had a better welcome. We arrived in Edmonton around 11:30 PM on Friday the 18th and then slept a night and then drove home to Grande Prairie. That day (the 19th) was John's dad's birthday so we went to town to have dinner as a 'family' (my parents included) While we were there a pretty major thunder storm happened upon us and there were huge crashes of thunder, bright streaks of lightning and get this... hail. There was enough hail out that it looked like it had snowed and then while we were driving home it got cold enough that the rain started to freeze and the roads got ridiculously icy.... our great Canadian Welcome on our first day home!

It's been nicer since then, although not as warm as Thailand, but at least no snow :) We've had lots of fun showing pictures and maps and just seeing family and friends again! There are still a few people we haven't had a chance to connect with but I'm sure the time will come! It's looking like we'll be pretty busy with wedding stuff and John's brother and his soon to be wife have offered to let us stay in their place while they are gone on their honeymoon (for a month) :) so that will help us out a lot as well. Today on this holiday Monday we are just hanging out with the family.

1 comment:

Purfumed Fairy said...

NO WAY!!! I flew into the Edmonton Airport on Friday the 18th too!!! I had left the airport by the time you arrived but man! I would have stuck around had I known!!!! I was in Lloyd for a cousin's wedding for the weekend so that's why I was down. I'm glad to hear you made it home fine. Rest well and have fun adjusting back.
Love ya guys!!!