We'll since we have now settled into the mundane life of the working majority we have much less 'adventure' to report. (smile) Oh well, we are still enjoying being somewhere new and I still find things that are done differently or said differently everyday, much to my amusement. For Example...
A customer of mine came in and, with a new Zealand accent, told me she was looking for a sponge bag. I, momentarily confused gave her a very blank look and so she asked again but this time she called it a toilet bag. Now pardon me for not clueing in right away but with all the technical hiking gear my mind went "EW that's disgusting!!!" I didn't say it outloud, but I think my face showed I was still confused and stunned. Finally someone else behind the counter rescued me and took her to where the bathroom bags/toiletry bags were, much to my embarassement.
Anyways, that's all for now...
1 comment:
Well it might seem mundane to you, but I was pretty excited that my brother was working as a wool pressor , I've told lots of people in Brooks that you are working on a sheep farm as a wool pressor in New Zealand and as exciting as that seems to us all, I'm still wondering, what is a wool presser, and for as many farmers as I've talked to no one knows, so it must be exciting if no one knows what it is;-)Not to mention Andrea working in an adventure store. All the stories about the great places to go, dreaming of your next holiday. I'm excited for you today! God is doing BIG things at my little school. We had spiritual emphasis week and God did so many things. I should email you more. Stephen is hungry and he did the dogs with very little help from me so catch ya later.
Love, Anna
Post a Comment