So after the crazy mayhem of the first weekend of the Kathmandu Sale has passed, I am still alive, albeit, barely (at some points) and I am now making 50c more an hour! (bringing my pay rate to $11.50/hr) Hows that for cool! My boss told me I was doing such a great job she decided to give me a raise! That seriously made my day! She also told me that even though I was just a couple weeks short of getting the staff discount (you have to be there for more than 3 months) she would give it to me anyways! John's really excited about that and is eyeing up all the really expensive things like Goretex rainwear and -21 down sleeping bags that are regularly $850.00 or so ($320 ish with the discount)
I would like to add that I am officially just a wuss. Here I am whining about my long hours and how tired I am (I'm quite good at that) and I failed to remind myself and all of you that my amazing husband works from 5:45am to 6:00pm everyday with minimal days off that are sparradic at best doing heavy physical labour. The prize for most hardworking husband officially goes to John! :) He also makes $6.50/hr more than me :) so his hard work is ...more rewarding??? shall we say?
No comments:
Post a Comment