We'll I told you I'd keep you up to date on what was going on so... I just printed off our e-tickets for our flight from Singapore to Bangkok. Pretty good deal considering we paid for them using our travel rewards points from our visa. :) We did have to set back our arrival in Canada by a few days because of some complications with re-booking flights but all in all it went pretty smoothly. SO...
We are officially going to THAILAND! Now we just have to work out all the details. For example where to stay how to get there, what to do while we are there, what to do with our 'other' luggage that we don't want to bring with us (like warm clothes!!!!) What kinds of vaccinations and med's do we need that we don't already have and can we get them here without paying an arm and a leg? The list goes on and on.
We have been looking into the idea of taking a train trip. Apparently the train lines there are pretty good way to travel and it would be a good and exciting way to see a country and get to a destination in style. We don't know how to go about getting that set up so we shall see what happens. All John want's to do is go snorkling again (and that's the last thing I want to do) and all I want to do is ride an elephant (which John told me is also lame but I don't care) :) I went out and bought the Lonely Planet book for Thailand and it's been pretty helpful so far.
If for nothing else than to learn about Thailand and get to know what we are getting into (at least a little).
Anyways that's all for now!
2 comments:
I love you both and am excited for you both to continue your wonderful traveling experiences. Thailand sounds wonderful enjoy! I am so excited for you both to be back at home for the wedding and to tell us all your stories and show your pictures.
I am so jelouse of all three of you! :) love those pic's!
Post a Comment