Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A day off together...

Well, today John and I both had the day off so we hit the town... Our van's warrant of fitness had just about ran out (in New Zealand all vehichles need to pass an inspection every 6 months) so we took it in to get inspected and it only failed on one thing. The balance of the rear brakes. So we took the van to a local shop and got it fixed (for more than we expected...) and finished up the inspection with a new warant :) yay. While we waited for them to fix the brakes we walked around Invercargill. Wandering through the shops looking for... absolutely nothing in particular.

That's not entirely true. I wandered through a lot of "dress" type shops in hopes of finding the perfect "sister-in-law" of the groom dress for the wedding that we will be attending a week and a half after we get home. I haven't found a complete ensemble yet but I'm hoping to get something over here :) Other than that we just wandered around 'browsing'.

When the van was finished we went in search of panel beating shops to get quotes on fixing the side door that was bashed in before we bought it. One guy said it wasn't worth fixing and is supposed to call us with a price on a new door. The other shop hummed and hawed and then gave us a quote of around $1000 to make the door look like new again. YIKES! John will do some calling around to find out if he can get a door himself, but we'll see. We may just have to sell it as it is... bummer. That will most likely make it harder to sell but oh well.

All in all that was our day, it was just nice to hang out together for a day. I've been feeling a tad bit homesick the last little while since we've both been working. Ah well, the big Kathmandu sale is coming so I won't have time to feel lonely pretty soon! We were briefed the other day on the big sale and it sounds pretty intense. I don't really know what i've signed up for here but I'll keep you posted. Anyways that's all from us for now...

2 comments:

Mel said...

I remember the Big Katmandu (or however you spell it) sale! I got my new hiking backpack for 20 bucks! It was a good deal! Miss you guys! Hey Did you hear how crazzy camp is? They accepted me as one of the Assistant Head's! hahah Ohh I'm excited, this is gunna be a hard but fun summer! You guys commiing back to qwanoes after the wedding? Be massivel blesseed!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys...it is great to hear updates all the time from you two! Nick and I miss you a lot....you must come visit when you get home! Nick says happy belated bday John! He wanted to call on your bday...but the whole not living on the same continent thing...you know...
Thinking of you lots!
Love Amanda (& Nick)